1st Annual Black River Imaging Photography Contest Rules & Conditions
- Contest is open to any photographer, amateur or professional, of any country.*
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older
- Each photographer may submit 1 photo for the entire contest
- By submitting the photograph for consideration, the photographer attests that:
- Entry is an original photograph
- S/he created the image and owns full copyright to pictures submitted
- Entrant is prepared to certify this attestation on request
- Submitted image has not been published in the past
- S/he has obtained all necessary third-party releases
- Submissions are in compliance with all legal and copyright laws of his/her country
- Submissions must be made by 11:59 PM September 22, 2016
- *Black River Imaging staff, their immediate family members and staff from any business or institution sponsoring or contributing to the contest are not eligible to participate.
- Photos taken with fish-eye lens are eligible
- HDR and stitched panoramas are eligible
- Entries must be in JPEG format (.jpg or .jpeg) in portrait or landscape orientation
- Resolution: 72 dpi (ppi)
- 800×600 pixels
- Saved as 8 bit RGB with the JPEG image compression set at 8 (80%) or higher
- 5 MB or less in size
Conditions of Contest
By submitting their image to the contest, entrant indicates that s/he has read the rules and conditions of the contest and accepts the terms listed below:
- You confirm to contest organizers that you shot the photo, that you are the rightful owner of the photo, and that you have obtained any necessary third-party releases. The contest organizers reserve the right to request your copy of any personal release, location release or artist release.
- Photographer retains the copyrights to his/her image, but grants Black River Imaging without need for attribution, prior permission or additional pay or consideration: the right to use the submitted images royalty-free, world-wide and in perpetuity; the non-exclusive license to copy, display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivative works of the submitted image, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for all Black River Imaging information and advertising purposes.
- Black River Imaging reserves the right to contact photographers to confirm information in the submission form or for any other purpose considered necessary.
- Black River Imaging reserves the right to disqualify photographers who: are unable to validate the information submitted on the submission form; tamper with the process; or breach contest rules.
- Winners are responsible for paying any applicable taxes, fees and all other unspecified costs that accrue to the prize.
- Black River Imaging staff, their immediate family members and staff from any business or institution sponsoring or contributing to the contest are not eligible to participate.
- Black River Imaging reserves the right to cancel or modify these rules anytime at its sole discretion. Entrants agree to be bound by such changes.
- Photographers whose contact information has changed during the course of the contest are responsible for notifying Black River Imaging.
- Winners will be notified no earlier than October 7th, 2016.
How to Submit the Photo
To submit a photo for a monthly contest, navigate to the current contest page and click the “Upload a photo to the contest” link and follow the instructions.
Each individual is allowed to vote for three (3) photos per monthly contest.
- All winners, including those receiving Runner-Up status, will receive a certificate.
- An award of BRI Reward Points will be given to the winners of each contest.
- Winner of the contest receives $200 in BRI Reward Points (200,000 Points) and their choice of any image printed on their choice of Wall Decor* up to 24″x36″
- 2nd Place in each contest receives $150 in BRI Reward Points (150,000 Points)
- 3nd Place in each contest receives $100 in BRI Reward Points (100,000 Points)
*Includes Metal Prints, Gallery Wraps, and Acrylic Prints. Does not include Split Image Wall Decor.
- August 26, 2016: Contest Launch – Entries accepted. Voting begins.
- September 22, 2016: Entry submission ends.
- September 30, 2016: Voting ends.
- October 7, 2016: Winners will be notified no earlier than this date.